Pages


Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A hat for Daddy!

I have been very busy lately, with appointements, job search, daycare search, daycare visits...that blogging had to be left aside for a little while. I did however find some time to do some knitting to help me relax a bit...in silence (what sewing doesn't allow). I have never knitted anything without a pattern and I had fancied the idea of making my hubby a hat for a little while. So, taking a deep breath and doing a lot of planing (that didn't really bring me anywhere), I jumped head first in my own Me Made pattern....the end result is beautiful (photo to come) but the original pattern I so carefully put down on paper was rewritten as I was knitting...entirely, to the point of not being the same pattern at all!

I had seen people put up their projects on Ravelry and I wasn't sure what it was until I checked it out. At first, I didn't really see the point of signing up myself, but when my own made up project started to seed in my mind, I thought Ravelry could have handy tools to help. And it did! When I want to make another one of Daddy's hat, I'll have it all on Ravelry!

No comments: